Blog Post #8


Image result for emey pirate warshipI woke up to the sound of waves and yelling. I'm feeling rather ill because it feels like my body is swaying slowly. I snatched off the cover and head up the only set of visible stairs that seems like I've been transported back in time to the golden age of piracy. Once I opened up the wooden hatch in the floorboards. The bright sun and the smell of salty sea air hit my confused face. My clothes feel different all my garments have been replaced but indigo dyed silks and kinds of cotton and my shoes have disappeared. Someone throws me a thick and damp rope and I was told ''to tie down the sails''! Immediately after that, the large crew of this  Jamaican supplies ship started doing all of the proper preparations for setting sail on the unforgiving seven seas.






Image result for lady pirate flagI was more than relieved when I discovered that I was aboard a merchant's vessel commissioned by the Jamaican military and not a dangerous pirate ship filled with outlaws and criminals. Buy listening carefully to the crew chat amongst themselves I could clearly make out that we would be passing through dangerous pirate territory. There were even rumors of a commandeered pirate warship that was being commanded and led by an older woman! None of the merchants on the ship really believed this rumor and a few men laughed at the idea of it. A group of strong crewmembers makes preparations to set sail by raising the ship's heavy anchor and opening the sails.

We were peacefully sailing along the calm ocean waters when one of the crewmates noticed a large iron ship in the distance and it looked like it was moving pretty swiftly. From prior knowledge, I know that fast-moving ships are usually housing criminals and outlaws so I wanted the driver that there was a problem. He chuckled and stated that '' They cant attack us. We are a merchant ship commissioned by the Governor of Jamacia himself. If this ship doesn't reach its destination we are all dead anyway! This shook me and the men next to me and before we could change course a giant cannonball flyes inches over our heads, knocking crewmember john right to his feet. Hit the deck! someone yells. I'm scrambling to find cover while the attacking ship sails closer with amazing speed. The iron ship was moving so quickly that it appeared to be preparing for a collision thus destroying our medium-sized wooden merchant ship. I caught a glimpse of the attacker's flag. It was a large red and black flag with the traditional skull and crossbones but this particular one was different than all the rest. This skull had red hairs stitched into the flag.

This ship belonged to a woman and not just any woman it belonged to legendary outlaw Anne Bonny. Her vessel rammed inro ours leaving our vessel with a gaping hole in the right front and the impact knocked everyone on to the ground. Bonnys ship was unscathed. She and the crew proceeded to take everything that was not nailed down. She came up to me and pointed her gun. I was scared and said '' please don't harm me I'm only a student''. She looks me up and down and says '' so you're a student? So that means you know how to head and write''? I nodded and got off the floor. ''We need a navigator your coming with us Now!'' Bonny commanded. Next thing I know I the lead in navigation for the notorious lady pirate Anne Bonny. I could get used to this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #5 & #6

About me!